Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for stopping by!



If you're looking for the book Children of Light you can order it a http://www.casparapublishing.com/. Please visit my blog on special needs parenting called Life on the Exceptional Side. We're always talking about something relevant to caregiving for people with special needs.



Monday, November 1, 2010

Do you have a business plan for success?

hey writers ...

how you doin'? (Think Joey Tribiani on Friends). Did you have a productive day?

Monday is a day of organization for me. I have housekeeping tasks that consist of record keeping, prioritizing assignments, getting deposits ready and the like. By the end of Monday morning I'm usually feeling ready for the week.

If I don't schedule those rotten housekeeping tasks like filing and the like I lose big. There are no spare moments to do them in and I lose time looking for things. So, when I schedule them, they get done and I'm more settled all week. Trust me, if you don't schedule all those pesky maintenance tasks you'll pay for it.

I'm writing a business plan for my publishing business. I thought I had one in place until a gentleman who listened to me said, "You've planned for every foreseeable disaster, which is great. What is your plan if you experience success?"

"What?"

"What does your business plan look like if your company takes off and does well? What if someone wants to invest money with you? What if you suddenly need to go public with your stock? What if you need a loan for your business and the banker wants to see your business plan to understand what the risk is?"

I gaped at him. I had bupkiss. Nada. Zip.

It's not that I don't believe in myself. I do or I wouldn't have started this endeavor. But dang. I'm a Midwesterner. I plan for tornadoes, floods, blizzards ... I don't plan for sunny days. It made sense though. If business is that good I'll be busy. I won't have anything in place to help me make decisions if I don't have a plan in place. So, I'm working on one.

Do you have a business plan? For that matter, do you have a mission statement that helps you decide what you're doing from day to day? Check out the poll to the right and ring in.

Take care and have a great week,
Much love and joy,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment