Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for stopping by!



If you're looking for the book Children of Light you can order it a http://www.casparapublishing.com/. Please visit my blog on special needs parenting called Life on the Exceptional Side. We're always talking about something relevant to caregiving for people with special needs.



Monday, October 25, 2010

Writing Mistakes

So why is it that anytime you write a blog on writing you undoubtedly screw up your punctuation, misspell words and can't grasp simple grammar concepts. It's a humbling experience.

I don't have time to blog tomorrow morning so thought I'd throw down tonight. It makes me crazy when I make simple mistakes. I use spell check, I reread what I've written ... so what gives? ERG.

It's like a person forgets everything she's ever learned. I'm sure my college profs are rolling their eyes and wondering what I spent my money on.

But then, over the years, I've become somewhat of a believer in the rambling nature of blogs. When I first started I wrote entries that were nearly magazine articles and the blog resembled an e-zine. Now, however, I journal a little more. While I have a point, in this case my idiocy, I don't edit and re-edit. In fact, I don't really agree with editing posts ... unless there is a gaff so heinous that you have to address it. That's nearly every blog entry. The only things that are flawless are the flowers in the pics of my garden.

At any rate, as a writer, anytime you write about writing you will make some of the biggest mistakes on earth and never see them. Just know that you aren't alone. Jump in with both feet anyway!
Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment