Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for stopping by!



If you're looking for the book Children of Light you can order it a http://www.casparapublishing.com/. Please visit my blog on special needs parenting called Life on the Exceptional Side. We're always talking about something relevant to caregiving for people with special needs.



Saturday, November 13, 2010

My mini talk at SBA/Western Dairyland

... went okay. I really smoked through the material. It's so funny! People are soooo resistant to the idea of cell phones or multitasking being the enemy of effective time management. The thing is, sooner or later, they'll get overwhelmed and give some of the tips a try. For some people it will be an "aha" moment, for others it won't be a good fit.

Western Dairyland taped about five minutes of it to put on their U-Tube site. They wanted to tape the entire thing but I just can't give permission for that. That's like giving away an entire talk for free! I'd have to be nuts to allow that and give away copyright. I told both the supervisor and the gal taping that only five minutes of taping was allowed. Hopefully they understood that it didn't mean they could tape the entire talk. It's so hard to get that across to people. They don't get it if they don't write and speak for a living.

I'm running through the layout of my book this week and I've got my column due at some point. I'd love to relax tomorrow since my son is going to his grandmother's house for the day, but it seems like when he leaves, I work. <sigh> Ah, well.

It's Saturday evening and my movie comes on soon so I'll take off.
Much love and joy,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment