Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for stopping by!



If you're looking for the book Children of Light you can order it a http://www.casparapublishing.com/. Please visit my blog on special needs parenting called Life on the Exceptional Side. We're always talking about something relevant to caregiving for people with special needs.



Thursday, November 18, 2010

Feeling Wonky ... But Good!

Hello everyone,

We're starting to paint in the kitchen. Keep in mind that I live in a fifty year old house so I've got all the wonkiness of age working with me. Kind of funny ... poor house! I can relate. I've got fifty years too and I'm a little wonky myself.

You can see the terra cotta (Earthen Jug) color behind the stove. The walls are actually that color on the bottom and a warm candlelit color on the top. All except for the area behind the stove, of course, which I had painted the terra cotta color. Doesn't it pop?

The only problem with a project like this is that it sends my home into disarray. Perhaps disaster is a better description. As I say in my talks, my home is a symptom of where my head is and when my home is this dissembled I struggle to maintain organization. It's short term and I do okay, but I need order in which to create. So, I'm whining to you! In a little over a week it'll be a recent memory so I just need to hang in there.

I attended a meeting today on my financials. I would love to make a little extra money but I'm so realistic. It's hard to imagine a flush bank account. Am I right you other freelancers? The transition to books from magazines and newspapers was longer than I thought. I keep thinking it was a little over two years but am realizing that I started that transition back when I started homeschooling Ryan. Sheesh! That must have been more like four years ago I started phasing out customers. Then about eighteen to twenty four months ago I phased out speaking because of health issues. Now, it feels like I'm starting from scratch.

Of course, I still have my clients as contacts but who knows? The magazine world has experienced a lot of downturn. I found out recently that a speaking engagement I did each year for NWEA (Northwest Educ. Assn) is no more. Who knew? The last couple of years have been all hospitalizations and surgeries for my son and me.

So, dear writing pal, I'm beginning again. I'm excited to present Children of Lightmy first nonfiction book next month, as well as launch my new publishing company, Caspara Publishing, LLC. I'm excited, a little nervous and a whole lot of happy. I can sleep at night, sure that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing which is saying something.

God bless all that you do and write today.
Much love and joy,

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment