Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for stopping by!



If you're looking for the book Children of Light you can order it a http://www.casparapublishing.com/. Please visit my blog on special needs parenting called Life on the Exceptional Side. We're always talking about something relevant to caregiving for people with special needs.



Monday, December 6, 2010

Research

I love doing research. For a while, right after I graduated from college, I looked into working for Rand Corp. and doing it full time, but life has a way of leading you down a different path than you've mapped out. Now I must content myself with researching books and articles ... you know what? That's more fun anyway!
The only research I don't love is technological. It's a different language for me. This weekend I upgraded our phones to ones with keyboards and added texting to the plan ... the day after they outlawed texting in cars. My argument has always been that I didn't want to receive them either, because I knew people were contacting me from their cars ... except for my nephew. He's a paramedic and is anal about stopping to text or call. He's seen the results of trying to do both.

Now that it's outlawed in cars I feel more comfortable having texts as a part of our lives. Not only that, I had major discounts on our phones if I upgraded. All that to say ... I have to learn a new phone! Blech! I read the little book. It gave me the bare essentials. My son's eyes lit up as he saw e-mail and search engines on the menu. I reminded him that he's limited to tools for now. No "Get it Now" crud. We went through a time when I was calling our cell phone company once each month on some weird thing they'd sent that appeals to kids. If I had it to do over again, my son would be the second line, not the third. He gets tons of stuff sent to him by the company that we never get on the first two lines. I think they're playing the odds that the third line is a kid, you know?

At any rate, I'm doing research for my second book today and as soon as I finish chatting with you all, it's back to work.
Have a great day!
Much love and joy,
Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment