Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for stopping by!



If you're looking for the book Children of Light you can order it a http://www.casparapublishing.com/. Please visit my blog on special needs parenting called Life on the Exceptional Side. We're always talking about something relevant to caregiving for people with special needs.



Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A random blog entry putting off my column

I have a column due in a couple of days and I'm wondering about a topic. I've written the column for eleven years now and it sometimes seems hard to find something fresh, something my readers will like. I feel for people like Dave Barry, who have weekly columns. It must be hard to be funny all the time.

My column is a little different in that it's what we call a feature column. All the hallmarks of a regular column that looks like a feature article (duh) ... longer and more in depth. My editor wants to go on vacation during normal deadline dates so requested our columns a little early. I'm tossing ideas around in my head. The issue is typically on camps and summer fun, but I've covered camps for the disabled and there is only so many times you can cover it, nothing changes. So, now I'm looking for an angle, playing with other pieces.

Last night I should have been writing, even though I felt like yukky. One of the problems with working at home is working through illness. You pretty much have to, you know? Who else will do it? Boy, you can tell I'm rambling. Not getting anything done here. I sat and edited six chapters in one of my fiction book. Again, the column is more pressing. <sigh>

So dear readers, I leave you to get my column written. I promise I'll be more focused next time. This post is a black hole of words. Sucked into cyberspace with absolutely no meaning or gestalt. I'll catch you when I'm a little less distracted.

Take care ... and write somethin', wouldja?

Much love and joy,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment