Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for stopping by!



If you're looking for the book Children of Light you can order it a http://www.casparapublishing.com/. Please visit my blog on special needs parenting called Life on the Exceptional Side. We're always talking about something relevant to caregiving for people with special needs.



Monday, January 10, 2011

My Family Rocks!


Hello my fellow artists....

The attached is a photo I've probably posted before. It was painted by a great great aunt who was an artist. I post it every now and then when I need to remember that I come from artists ... that me being one isn't so odd in a family full of teachers, business people and others who excel at traditional jobs. It's because of traits from both sides that I can make being an artist work. Without the organizational skills I'd just be a wannabe, you know? Someone who wanted to grab the opportunities but had no idea of how to focus on what needed to get done.

All that to say ... I treasure all the gifts I've received from my family through genetics, example and teaching. Without you I would sink like Peter in this painting, doubting myself. As a family you've been supportive, creative and my touchstone. Thank you.

I'm including a writing prompt for my writer friends. How has your family influenced who you are as a writer? Have they goaded you? Encouraged you? (trust me, there's a difference!) Have you experienced inspiration, desperation ... what?

Comment with your stuff if you'd like. Keep it under 25 words.
God bless ... and lift your doubting butt right out of the sea!
Much love and joy,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment