Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for stopping by!



If you're looking for the book Children of Light you can order it a http://www.casparapublishing.com/. Please visit my blog on special needs parenting called Life on the Exceptional Side. We're always talking about something relevant to caregiving for people with special needs.



Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Writing writing writingggggggg............gah!

ok. my bad. I forgot what it is like to be shy about what I write. Duh! So I'm an idiot. A shout out to thank those who contacted me via private message to remind me. I'll think of something more confidential that we can do. My apologies to anyone who felt stressed out by my asking for your topics of passion.

A shout out to the bunch at Immanuel Lutheran. Thank you for having me peak last week and for choosing my book for your book club. Please feel free to give me input when you're done. I'd love to hear from you.

My column comes out next weekend. Pick up a copy if you think of it. No spoilers here on topic. ;-)

I'll be at Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd in February giving a message on boldness. I've spoken for a lot of groups, many of them churches, but this will be the first time I'll have spoken at my home church. It'll feel different to look out and recognize so many faces. I don't usually get nervous  when I have to speak, but this feels a little more personal, you know? I hope I don't trip and fall on my face. It's not like I can leave and never see these people again!

Next week I start facilitating the master gardener level II class and I have to admit to being a little intimidated by the technology. We have a live feed from UW-Madison and even though I went to the university and grilled the techies I'm still unsure of the entire process. I understand how to plug in by entering the link into the computer, but according to the techie we'll need a phone line for questions or I'll have to type them.

Riddle me this, Batman  ... why the heck are there microphones in front of each seat then? I asked about it and apparently no one knows if they're working. If the tech department doesn't know, who does? Add to that, my pass key to get into the room didn't work until maintenance came and entered their pass code, which is as closely guarded as pass codes to a missile silo. ARG! I don't like the way technology can control the outcome of a well planned endeavor. Am I right?

I'm excited to speak to the Heart of the Farm ladies in March at the Heyde Center for the Arts. It promises to be a wonderful experience. If you're a blog reader please introduce yourself. I'd love to put a face to a name.

I'll also be in Madison speaking at the Circles of Life conference in April. It's an amazing conference and one you should take in if you have a loved one with special needs. The legal information alone is invaluable to say nothing of the other resources. There is still time to register. 

My first fiction book is done done. the second fiction book is half written. Still hacking away at nonfiction book two. Doing research now but I've been so tired in the evenings that when I sit down to read statistics I nearly doze off. Okay. So sometimes I rest my eyes ... with the recent study in hand. It's because of all the painting I've been doing ............

I've been painting the basement floor and boy do I feel it! We had ripped up all the carpet and painted the floor an off white. It was just too cold, you know? I bought a  warm terra cotta color and with the off white walls and blue accents I think it will really warm it up and take the institutional feel out of my office as well as the family room. I have deep blue accents and with some peach and light blue to brighten it should look nice. I was in Sherwin Williams buying more paint and decided it was the last time I'd do the job myself -- read that with family help. Anything else is going to be hired out. Some kid was standing at the counter covered in paint flecked clothing. When I asked the clerk for a good painter he had the kid write down his info. Do I call that a recommendation? Or did they say that because the kid was standing there and they didn't have a choice, not wanting to offend another customer, a good customer by the look of it? Am I overanalyzing this? The next room I'd like painted is my living room so I don't want to hire Larry, Curly and Moe.

Egads and little fishes! I've entered a month's worth of blog posts in one. Mea culpa. This is why I don't blog at the end of the day. I ramble. Next post will be my normal succinct issuance. I promise. Thanks for hanging in there with me.

Have a great week and write something ... anything!
God bless,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment