Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for stopping by!



If you're looking for the book Children of Light you can order it a http://www.casparapublishing.com/. Please visit my blog on special needs parenting called Life on the Exceptional Side. We're always talking about something relevant to caregiving for people with special needs.



Monday, May 2, 2011

In-flow

As an artist, I'm starved for 'in-flow' right now. Julia Cameron advises artists to make artist dates with themselves and head out to explore their inner child. While I see the value of consciously keeping tabs on the amount of artistic stimulation we experience, I disagree that those pursuits need to explore the inner child. Perhaps, instead, we need to tap into our inner artist, our creative spirit.

One of the best ways for me to reconnect with my creativity is to head out into nature. If I can spend time gardening, nature walking or taking in the out-of-doors with all five senses I'm in good shape to write. While I'm viewing an grandfather oak, certain connections in my brain take place and stories form.

Right now, the ground is soggy and the air is cool, 32 degrees this fine May morning. I think I need to head out to a greenhouse where it's toasty and filled with the flora and fauna of spring.

Make a date with yourself to get out and experience life. Feed the artist within.
Much love and joy,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment